Problems in the supply of food products can have serious consequences and give rise to disputes. ISO 22000 has been developed with the purpose of managing food safety, verifying that there are no weak links along the supply chain. The standard is internationally recognized as a reference for food safety management systems applied to the entire production, preparation, packaging and logistics chain of food products.
ISO 22000 specifies the requirements for a food safety management system in a company that:
- has to prove its ability to control risks related to food safety, in order to constantly supply safe products that satisfy both customers and regulatory requirements;
- aims to increase customer satisfaction by controlling food safety-related risks.
ISO 22000 is intended for all Companies operating along the food chain, from feed and food producers to transport and storage companies, food retailers and wholesalers as well as manufacturers of equipment for the food processing, packaging materials, detergents and additives.
A certified management system guarantees to stakeholders:
- compliance with safety requirements;
- compliance with legal and contractual requirements;
- the ability of your company to concretely meet customers’ food security needs;
- an increase in customer satisfaction;
- a system of closer relationships with suppliers;
- a production system ready for export and for entering into international markets.